Friends of The Vancouver Symphony Orchestra lend support to Maestro Salvadore Brotons and the talented VSO musicians. If you are passionate about guaranteeing the gift of inspiring, professional music for years to come, won't you join us?
"Generosity of Spirit" is the commonality that men and women share in the Friends. We believe in giving back to the community that supports us through our Education Outreach programs and fundraising events.
Meet New "Friends" Chair, Theo Ernesti
"Many of you know that we always love to socialize. We've also finally found a regular meeting place at Latte Da Coffee House and Wine Bar 205 E. 39th St (just west of Main St) here in Vancouver. Come and join us on the 4th Monday of the month from 6-7:30pm."
You can reach Theo at
To Become a Member
- Yearly Membership Fee of $50/person or $75/couple
- Members must be regular concert attendees
For more information about membership and its benefits,
please call the VSO Office at 360-735-7278 Ext. 118.
CLICK HERE to download the Membership Application Form. Mail the completed form and membership fee to the address on the form.
Friends Projects have included:
- Hosting a gala Holiday Luncheon on Dec 12, 2012 at the Red Lion at the Quay. Proceeds were dedicated to helping bring back the VSO Summer Concert at Esther Short Park.
- During the January 2012 concerts Friends Treasurer Michael Fox Lambert presented VSO Board Chair, Scott Milam, and Executive Director, Carly McDowell with a check for $10,000 on stage at Skyview Concert Hall in Vancouver, WA.
- Assisting with The Vancouver Symphony's Gala, the VSO Board fundraiser on May 7, 2011 at the Heathman Lodge
- Hosting the Friends' Annual Luncheon on April 8, 2011 at the Hilton, Vancouver WA
- Sponsoring the 17th Annual Young Artists' Competitionon February 27th at the Trinity Lutheran Church, Vancouver, WA
- Hosting Maestro Salvador Brotons "In Conversation" with All Classical FM’s Robert McBride on the topic "The Conductor’s Role" on January 23rd, 2011
- Facilitating a Music Appreciation program for elementary school children, such as "Musical Fruit" at Fruit Valley Elementary
- Implementing a speaker's bureau to promote the VSO
- Stocking and running the Friends' Symphony Store for concert-day shopping
- Providing refreshments for the VSO musicians' dress rehearsal
after-concert receptions for VSO donors, Board members, guest artists and