At The Vancouver Symphony Orchestra
your career takes center stage.
Associate Director of Development
About the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra
The VSO, now in its 44th season, has been a cornerstone of Southwest Washington's arts community providing symphonic music of the highest caliber in live performances and through music education in schools, concert halls, and throughout the community.
Full Job Description
The Associate Director of Development will help build the Orchestra’s capacity for the future through the planning and implementation of annual fund campaigns, individual giving, event logistics, and new initiatives.
The Associate Director will provide key support and assistance to the Director of Development. This role will interact with donors, building a pipeline for the VSO’s major giving and planned giving programs. This position requires familiarity with annual giving strategy, current research in fundraising, experience managing donor-related events, excellent interpersonal, communication, and writing skills, and an ability to work collaboratively with a growing team.
- Direct the VSO annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives
- Work with partners and vendors to coordinate annual fund communications
- Steward relationships with prospective donors and current supporters to increase philanthropic support
- Conduct prospect research to identify new and potential donors
- Manage donor management/fundraising database and tracking systems
- Assist the Director of Development in stewarding grant reporting
- Together with the Director of Development and the VSO staff to manage fundraising events
- Assist with sponsorship asks related to special events
- Oversee and manage gift acknowledgement process
- Availability to attend VSO performances
- Perform other related duties as requested
- Must embrace the mission of the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills
- Knowledge of and experience in fundraising techniques
- Strong desire to build external relationships
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor communications
- Ability to organize time effectively, establish priorities, meet deadlines, and manage many tasks while maintaining strong attention to details
- Experience organizing and managing donor-related events
- Coordination and project management skills, preferably with nonprofit organizations
- Strongly proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- High competency in database management.
- 3 years minimum experience in professional fundraising
- Experience in annual giving is preferred
- A bachelor’s degree or four years of relevant experience
- Valid Driver’s license and reliable transportation required
TO APPLY:Please send cover letter, resume, names/contact info of three references and salary history to [email protected]
Please indicate “Associate Director of Development” in the subject line.
Applications will be reviewed immediately. Position is open until filled.