VSO Office Assistant Position Description
The Vancouver Symphony Orchestra is seeking an energetic, technologically adept Office Assistant for a 30 hour per week position. This position will support the Executive Director, Development Director and Marketing Director.
This person will be responsible for maintaining and organizing the office. The ideal candidate must have exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills; have a strong attention to detail, the ability to manage multiple tasks at once, and excellent computer skills.
General Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities in order to support the efficient operation of the organization.
- Answer phone calls and manage them appropriately
- General clerical duties, including:
- standard document copying
- organizing supplies
- maintaining supply inventory
- Data entry which includes processing of donations and ticket orders
- Manage Donor/Ticketing database
- Maintain filing system
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, donor acknowledgement letters, reports, memos and emails
- Work with the Executive Director to schedule and coordinate meetings and appointments
- Assist in pre-concert setup and tear down for both the Classical & Chamber Music Series Concert as well as VSOs Special Events
- Must have a vehicle and valid Drivers License
- Additional tasks as needed
- Self-starter who works well independently
- Familiar with common office equipment (printers, copier, fax)
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel)
- Excellent customer service and communications skills
- Able to solve problems independently
- Professional demeanor
Salary: $12-$14 an hour
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume, names/contact info of three references to [email protected]. Please indicate "Office Assistant" in the subject line.